1) We start by checking the lie and loft, because if they are to far off, it might effect on the swing weight if I have to bend them after they are done.
2) We then pull the shafts out and clean the hosel & check the depth of the hosel to make sure they are consistent to receive the shaft.
3) We prep all the shaft tips and put the shafts in the spine finder and mark them after removing all tape and thoroughly cleaning them.
4) We Strip the old chrome and nickel plating
5) We check the groove depth and if needed re-groove -- sand/polish the nicks, dings & bag chatter marks being as careful as possible not to remove any excess head weight
6) Next the heads are sent to be either chrome plated or black oxide.
7) Once the heads get back... dry fit the shafts checking the length & swing-weight -- then after installing the lead plug weights double check the swing-weight and install the ferrules.
8) Mix the professional epoxy (cure rate 24 hours) and glue them making sure the spine position is in the correct spot and make sure they have the same amount of glue to maintain a consistent swing weight. Let the glue dry at least 24 hrs.
9) Weight sort the grips to make sure all 8 grips are the same weight -- install the grips and make sure they line up straight and consistently stretch (on cord is critical for sizing).
10) Finally we turn the ferrules and shine them up w/acetone. Double check the loft and lie. A final cleaning & DONE!
Tiger Nick Golf Club Solutions
Click on the My Golf Spy link to see why Tiger Nick Golf was picked as one of the Top 10 companies to customize your Golf Clubs!!!
Thank you My Golf Spy!!!